Moving To an Active Adult LIfestyle
Now that you know The Perks of Living in a 55+ Community, the question is, when is the best time to move into one? The answer is…NOW! If you are at least 55, there is no reason to wait. In fact, if you do put off your move, you may end up regretting it. Consider these reasons for moving to and active retirement community sooner than later:
- The older you get, the harder it will be to move. Despite how much you work to stay in good physical shape, you can’t fight aging. If you think packing and moving would be exhausting now, then try to imagine what it might be like in your 60s or 70s. Changes in the Body with Aging
- Timing is everything. Just because you start the process of selling your home and finding the perfect 55+ community to move to, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen right away. It might take a long time to organize your current home and get it ready to sell. It also might take a significant amount of time to research 55+ communities to find the right one for you.
- You might miss out if you wait. There is going to be a "Silver Tsunami" of baby boomers that will be ready to downsize and move to these communities and if you wait, you might find that desirable 55+ communities are full. In addition, there is a current shortage of homes for sale in traditional communities and demand for them is still high. So, now is the time to sell while the market is in your favor!
- It simply makes sense to be prepared for “senior living”. Unplanned medical issues might make living in your current multi-level home a big problem. Don’t wait for that to happen. Find an active retirement community featuring one level living now and you won’t have to worry about renovating your current home to accommodate your future needs.
- Start building your social network now. There is no place better than a 55+ community to make new friends. But it won’t happen overnight. Starting now will give you the opportunity to build a network of friends that will be there for years to come.
- You will likely be more active! Some people think of retirement communities as places you go to slow down. But 55+ communities offer so many activities and amenities that slowing down will only happen if that is what you want. It will be so easy for you to participate in fun activities that you will likely do more than you are doing now to stay busy!
- Save money on home maintenance. If you’re currently living in an older home, chances are you have been shelling out your hard-earned money for lots of maintenance and repairs. Imagine moving to a new home that is more energy efficient, has new appliances and will require less upkeep. That leaves more time and money for all those fun activities that will keep you younger longer!
55+ communities offer so much that will make your life better and more fun. Why wait to enjoy the benefits? Start looking now and find the community and home that is right for you!
Contact the TAMPA BAY real estate professionals Linda & Craig Nowicke at Tampa Realty Now for more information on the BRAND NEW Del Webb community. We have the latest information on the floor plans and the Builders incentives. They can also assist you in selling your current home for the best possible price! CALL THEM TODAY at 813-728-3880 or 813-675-5030.