Here are some sensible travel tips for you…
While many people choose to stay in—or close to—their Tampa FL home during this busy season, a large number of folks travel via plane, train, or car to celebrate with family and friends. To maximize holiday travel happiness and minimize coal-in-the-stocking disappointment, follow these basic but helpful tips compiled by ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) as they reveal secrets that will help you and your family arrive at Grandma's house full of holiday cheer.
- Packing light saves time and energy when it comes to filling the trunk with fragile bags packed with gifts or racing to fill the last empty space in the overhead bin.
- Be sure to secure your Tampa FL house. Lock all doors and windows, and don't forget to set the alarm.
- Also, give your home that lived-in look to repel potential burglars by having a friend collect your mail, setting lights on timers, and omitting details of your trip on the answering machine.
- If possible, have a friend drive you to the airport, or take a shuttle or public transportation.
- Take the worry of getting to the airport completely out of the equation by staying at an airport hotel the night before an early flight.
- As flights are sometimes overbooked during the holidays, it's critical to check in early. Domestic travelers should arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to departure, while international travelers should arrive at least three hours in advance.
- Remember that delays can occur. Bring water and snacks, an inflatable pillow, a good book, your favorite CDs, MP3 player, and a deck of cards to help pass the idle time.
- Before you leave your Tampa FL home, have a qualified mechanic check all the car's vitals: brakes, battery, fluid levels, tire pressure, light bulbs and any parts that need regular maintenance.
- Bring emergency equipment, such as a first-aid kit, flashlight, blankets, drinking water and snacks, along with flares and jumper cables.
- Don't leave valuables in your car. Pack all items, especially brightly wrapped packages, in the trunk. If you’re afraid of squashed bows, wait until you arrive to wrap the gifts.
- If you're travelling with children, get everyone involved by singing or reminiscing about favorite past holidays. The ride will be over before you know it, and you may actually look forward to the drive back home.
Whatever your mode of travel, make sure you take along a large supply of holiday cheer!
When buying or selling property in today's real estate market, it's important to have confidence in your Tampa FL real estate professional! In order to be the best, I have earned the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) designations. I have also been awarded a National Award of Excellency by Realtor.com. This demonstrates my desire to stay on the cutting edge of the Tampa Bay real estate market. My commitment as your Tampa area REALTOR® is to provide you with the customized real estate service you need!
~I AM A SHORT SALE & FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST~
As an informed buyer or seller, you'll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime! That's why my goal is to KEEP YOU INFORMED on trends in the Tampa FL real estate market using the latest sales statistics in Tampa. With prices and interest rates at historic lows, now is the right time to buy real estate in the Tampa market!
Let me know what you need and I will email you a list of properties INCLUDING BANK-OWNED, SHORT SALE & HUD PROPERTIES that suits your location and fits your budget. Please call, 813,728-3880, or email me at any time.