The Federal Housing Finance Agency recently announced changes to the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) that will allow more borrowers to refinance and take advantage of historically low mortgage rates. These changes to HARP (often referred to as HARP 2.0) are set to rollout this spring.
Some enhancements to HARP include:
- Removing the 125% loan-to-value (LTV) ceiling on fixed-rate mortgages backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac eliminating the need for a new property appraisal. Depending on occupancy type, Prospect's current LTV ceiling is between 105% and 125% with any HARP 2.0 LTV limitations forthcoming.
- Eliminating certain risk-based fees for borrowers who refinance into shorter-term mortgages.
- Extending the end date for HARP until December 31, 2013.
HARP borrowers must meet the following criteria:
- The mortgage must have been owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it's a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March 2009 to May 2009.
- The current LTV ratio must be greater than 80%. Borrowers must be current on their mortgage payments with no late payment in the previous 12 months to 24 months, depending on the LTV.
Owner-occupied, secondary residences and investment properties may be considered for HARP refinancing. There are many HARP refinancing scenarios available. This might be a great opportunity for you to lower the cost of their monthly mortgage. If you would like more information, please contact me today!
When buying or selling property in today's real estate market, it's important to have confidence in your Tampa FL real estate professional! In order to be the best, I have earned the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) designations. I have also been awarded a National Award of Excellency by Realtor.com. This demonstrates my desire to stay on the cutting edge of the Tampa Bay real estate market. My commitment as your Tampa area REALTOR® is to provide you with the customized real estate service you need!
~I AM A SHORT SALE & FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST~
As an informed buyer or seller, you'll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime! That's why my goal is to KEEP YOU INFORMED on trends in the Tampa FL real estate market using the latest sales statistics in Tampa. With prices and interest rates at historic lows, now is the right time to buy real estate in the Tampa market!
Let me know what you need and I will email you a list of properties INCLUDING BANK-OWNED, SHORT SALE & HUD PROPERTIES that suits your location and fits your budget. Please call, 813,728-3880, or email me at any time.