In the month of December, many owners of a Tampa FL home turn their attention to the holidays, to lights and wreaths and cheerful displays that chase away the darkness of the shorter, colder days. This month’s days—and nights—are usually filled with shopping, decorating, and entertaining, and the overly-busy homeowner is tempted to postpone routine maintenance tasks and overlook those specific to the month. Use this friendly reminder of “must do’s” to jog your memory, clear your conscience, or just escape the chaos of the season.
- Clean the gutters. Click here for tips on doing this quickly and safely.
- Clean and oil garden tools.
- Mulch around shrubs and trees.
- Start a compost pile with raked leaves.
- Download this printable to-do list for gardeners which covers the care of shrubs and trees, lawns, perennials and bulbs, clean-up, and maintenance.
- View this YouTube video to assist you in trimming your Tampa FL home with lights and check out this website to learn how to wrap trees and bushes. (Check all lights for defects before using them.)
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Check all smoke detectors.
- Clean your oven.
- Make certain your fireplace is clean and in good working order.
- Click here for tips about safely putting lights on the tree in your Tampa FL home.
- Buy and put up the tree.
- Check lists for menus, gifts, etc.
- Decorate the house.
- Look under sink cabinets to check for moisture and/or leaks.
- Having guests? Clean out the guest room (or space). Dust, vacuum, change linens. Prepare a care package of whatever you think your guest might enjoy. Spend the night in your guest room to make sure it´s comfortable.
- Evaluate the amount of moisture in your home. Low moisture content in the air can cause excessive static electricity, dry coughs, and problems with your sinuses in the coldest parts of the winter. Consider purchasing a humidifier—cost ranges between $30 and $150. (Old home remedy trick: hang a sheet or towel in the shower area and keep it wet and the shower curtain open. Moisture then evaporates and gets into the air. Swap out the sheet or towel at least every week. This trick may make the coldest, driest months more comfortable.)
- Check your roof for broken or missing shingles.
Although this list is long, the tasks are actually rather short and just may allow you time to rest, relax, and enjoy the month’s activities.
When buying or selling property in today's real estate market, it's important to have confidence in your Tampa FL real estate professional! In order to be the best, I have earned the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) designations. I have also been awarded a National Award of Excellency by Realtor.com. This demonstrates my desire to stay on the cutting edge of the Tampa Bay real estate market. My commitment as your Tampa area REALTOR® is to provide you with the customized real estate service you need!
~I AM A SHORT SALE & FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST~
As an informed buyer or seller, you'll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime! That's why my goal is to KEEP YOU INFORMED on trends in the Tampa FL real estate market using the latest sales statistics in Tampa. With prices and interest rates at historic lows, now is the right time to buy real estate in the Tampa market!
Let me know what you need and I will email you a list of properties INCLUDING BANK-OWNED, SHORT SALE & HUD PROPERTIES that suits your location and fits your budget. Please call, 813,728-3880, or email me at any time.