Updating The Bathroom In Your Tampa FL Home
If you’re thinking of selling your house in the near future, you need to know that updated bathrooms are one feature greatly desired—or sometimes demanded--by potential buyers. Renovated bathrooms are extremely popular in today’s market, but they can also become an expensive undertaking. However, depending on your willingness to take an active role in the updating process, you can make the bathroom a major plus when selling your Tampa FL home--without breaking the bank. Take advantage of free or inexpensive classes or seminars given by home improvement stores—far-reaching in topics and easy to follow in technique—or search the web for instructional videos, such as this one from YouTube about applying grout.
Before you even begin your physical efforts, you should explore popular new trends in bathroom function, among which are wall-mounted toilets, recessed tubs, offbeat sinks, heated towel racks, and the use of stone. A tour of model homes in your area will give you a good idea of what’s “hot” and what you might like to include in your own bathroom. Websites such as Better Homes and Gardens and EHOW can provide inspiration, design assistance, and decorating ideas which are both clever and inexpensive, and free design software allows you to plan an entire layout and create an online model for the renovated bathroom of your Tampa FL home. Worried that you may be spending too much money on your project? Get a cost estimate of your anticipated improvements.
If you aren’t up for a large-scale remodel or even an extensive renovation, there are many simple--and inexpensive-- steps you can take to upgrade the function and appearance of your bathroom. Consider doing the following:
- Repaint in neutral colors. If all walls are tiled, paint the ceiling.
- Replace the sink if it’s an outdated color and change the faucet to a more modern one.
- Install a new medicine cabinet, light fixture, and/or mirror.
- Re-glaze the tub in your Tampa FL home and replace caulking as needed.
- Deep scrub or reapply grout.
- Change window treatments. Think about bamboo blinds rather than curtains.
- Use “earthy” and green materials for a more natural look.
- Purchase a new shower curtain.
- Paint old cabinets. White is quite popular right now.
- Add shelving for storage.
- Hang an unusual piece of art.
- Display attractive towels and throw rugs.
- Remember to feature simple accessories such as a waste can, hooks, a soap dish, a toothbrush holder, towel racks, and eye-catching containers.
When buying or selling property in today's real estate market, it's important to have confidence in your Tampa FL real estate professional! In order to be the best, I have earned the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) designations. I have also been awarded a National Award of Excellency by Realtor.com. This demonstrates my desire to stay on the cutting edge of the Tampa Bay real estate market. My commitment as your Tampa area REALTOR® is to provide you with the customized real estate service you need!
~I AM A SHORT SALE & FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST~
As an informed buyer or seller, you'll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime! That's why my goal is to KEEP YOU INFORMED on trends in the Tampa FL real estate market using the latest sales statistics in Tampa. With prices and interest rates at historic lows, now is the right time to buy real estate in the Tampa market!
Let me know what you need and I will email you a list of properties INCLUDING BANK-OWNED, SHORT SALE & HUD PROPERTIES that suits your location and fits your budget. Please call, 813,728-3880, or email me at any time.